Monday, March 21, 2011

#2 People come and people go

I've seen many people during my lifetime.  They were interesting to watch and often entertaining.  They were often just passers-by out fishing or hunting but I usually enjoyed watching them.  I never really had the opportunity to grow close to any of them, much less to love one, until one day SHE came into my life.

To her, I was much more than a tree.  Beyond the shade and spanish moss, she saw me...for me.  She used to sit here, under my limbs.  Others would complain of the mess I made when I lost limbs or leaves, but not her.  She talked to me.  She understood that I was old.  She thanked me for being shelter to so many. Yes, she was special.

I sure will miss her until the day I die. No one has seen me like that since she went away.  I sure do hope that God lets trees into Heaven because I'd follow that lady anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment